On March 14, 2023, Anoka County residents returned to the Anoka County Commissioner Board meeting to share 5 more speeches (10 total now given) about the election process and its current vulnerabilities after beginning this process with 5 speeches two weeks ago. This followed a lengthy process of first getting time during public comment to address these issues.
- An outline of 5 main concerns/asks and a reminder of the previous speakers from two weeks prior - this prompted a commissioner question allowing mention of alternatives to ERIC (Electronic Registration Information Center)
- The case for how the electronic poll pads allow for glimpses into election trends the day of elections
- Voter registration is a problem everywhere and we just want to work together to help the County, who is accountable
- Case evidence that most likely Commissioner Schulte has been waiting for, which shows we’ve vulnerabilities in Anoka County
- Answers to questions about how inaccurate voter registration data could be happening…and a call for work product to better understand what the County does to ensure voter registration maintenance is accurate and current